9:30 am to 7:00 pm
Children's room in Central and Western Library will close at 5:00 pm（Holidays are open until 7:00 pm）.
- Every Monday (open on holidays)
- From December 29 to January 4 of the following year
To borrow a book
Library card sample
- People who live or works in the Nara city can use the library（registration required）.
To rigister a library card, turn in the registration forｍ and your ID（e.g. Driver`s license,Student ID,Certificate of employment. )to the library information counter.
(download the certificate of employment form here)
- When borrowing a book, please bring the book and the library card to the counter. You can borrow maxium 15 books for 2 weeks.
- To Search for books, pleae use the searching coｍputer located in the library.
When returning a book
- Please return the books to the counter（library card is not required ).
- Do not return to the shelf directly.It will not be counted as a returned books.
- When the library is closed, return the books to the return post.
- Return posts are at the Central, Western and Northern Library, the 1st floor of the Western Conference Hall on the south side of Kintetsu GakuenMae Station, Nara City Tourist Information Center (in front of JR Nara Station), and Kintetsu Nara Station General Tourist Information Center(You do not have to consider about the place you borrowed).